Monday, June 6, 2011

Cross in My Pocket


I have an actual pocket cross given to me by a very special person, a long time ago. He gave it to me when I was very afraid of something intangible, something I could not explain and prove to be real, and was messing with my mind and heart. I read it, put it in my pocket, and forgot about it.
Last night, when I was feeling that fear again, he was there to remind me of that cross he gave me, reminding me of Someone greater than my fear, Who is with me all time and will protect me by His precious blood.

I made this post-it like picture for me as my desktop wallpaper, to find my way back to Him in times that I thought I could not hear His voice nor feel His presence. I made this for my friend Vanessa, because I know that I am not the only one who is feeling these lapses, all of us feels that way sometimes. I made this for those who do not want to face their fears but instead run away from them. I made this for You, that I know that I am still asking for answers to those questions I do not understand at all, but I know in myself that I will try and try to find my way back to You, since I know You are real, You are here with me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment